Wednesday, June 6, 2012

HELP!!!

I may be abandoning my overall theme here, but I need suggestions. When I moved into my place last year it was just my boy and me; two males, you see? Well, within the last two months three female presences have been moved in... AAAHHHHHH!!!!

Okay, I'm mostly kidding here. I'm so lucky to have had my beautiful, talented, smart, and wonderful girlfriend, Kristen, move in (YAY!!!). The other two, however, are coo-coo monsters (cats to the layperson!): I got Lucy a couple of months ago, and Kristen brought her cat, Lily. They are both very independent and NOT used to other cats being around. I'm used to multiple animals being around as my mom almost always had a menagerie when I was growing up, but usually only one cat at a time. So, I need advice from some experienced people.

Any ideas on how to get them to co-exist without hissing all the time would be great. Also, how do you keep them from eating each other's food? Lucy is fat and needs to trim down and Lily has had some gastrointestinal problems and needs to only eat her special food. This is a great thing, overall, as I love all three of them and they all love me. Now I need to make the last two love each other...

-Adrock

1 comment:

  1. Adam, I am having the same problem! A kitten got stuck under my sister's house and we rescued him. He is awesome my my male cat is NOT ok with the "new kid on the block." They are fighting and I am scared of my older cat ending this kitten's life. The only advice that I have received is that time helps heal many things. My vet suggested that we keep the Separate from each other, and then let them interact under supervised conditions. Generally, the 2 cats are going to have to reestablish territory, and that's going to be difficult at best. For my situation, I'm not entirely sure whether or not we can keep the kitten. Although I'm still fighting for, and my husband has been asked me to put a post on Facebook today to give the kitten away. It makes me all sad and stuff. However, with 2 older cats you might have a better chance for them getting along eventually. But it will take time, and it will take a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete